Women’s nightdresses are perfect for keeping comfortable and stylish at night. Look classy and feminine with a silk and lace design, stay warm and cosy with fleece material, or treat yourself to the ultimate luxury with cashmere. With long and short lengths and an array of patterns, you’re sure to find a nightdress to suit your taste
Wriggle freely and feel your stylish best in pretty women’s nightdresses and nighties from Peacocks. Shop our fabulous, affordable collection for airy cotton blends, feminine florals and a range of lengths to suit all needs.
Discover our collection of women’s night dresses at Camille and find your favourite new women’s nightie. From luxurious satin night dresses to comfortable velour women’s nighties you’ll be able to find the style of nightdress to suit you best in our collection, whether you prefer a classic night dress or a contemporary nightie.
Women’s sleep wear are also called nightdress, nightclothes,
or nightwear. It is a clothing created for sleeping purposes. It is worn by
women who really feel comfortable with it because some would rather prefer to
sleep naked or only in a particular type of underwear. The type of nightwear
being may also depend on the season. Take for instance; some women are wearing
nightdresses only on winter. But now, using it is another way of following the
latest trends in fashion.
There are several types of women’s sleep wear and each has specific features that will cater into the different preferences, styles, and needs of every women. Take enough time in educating yourself with various styles and get inspiration from its different looks and appeal so that you can create your own fashion statement.
– The most popular loosely designed night apparel for women is a nightgown or nightie which is made of materials such as nylon, satin, silk, and cotton. Its length may vary. It can either be a hip-length or a floor length nightgown. However the usual length is knee length. A nightgown can be decorated with embroidery and lace appliqus on the hemlines and cups.
– The women’s sleep wear which is only intended for bedroom and night use is the negligee. It was introduced during the eighteenth century in France where it copied the designs of the day dresses of women that time. However, the alteration of its designs with lace trimming, bows, and translucent bodices lead in considering it as lingerie. The modern designs revealed fabrics sewn in multiple layers giving a more fine emphasis on women’s bed-capes and bedjackets.
– The simple garment worn by women next to their skin to protect their clothes from body oils and sweat is called chemise, shift or smock.
– Lingerie is a women’s sleepwear which is now considered as undergarments.
– The special type of shirt which can be used for sleeping is called a nightshirt. This is a bedtime garment patterned in the undergarments of Europeans during the nineteenth century.
– The type of a long nightgown that is usually chiffon made with a sheer design is referred to as peignoir. It is worn without underwear however it is usually sold with panties attached to it.
Today, women’s sleepwear continuously dominates the fashion preferences of most women. Some women wear it on public to express their idea that these comfortable sleep dresses could be elevated for legal public use. There are women, who also experimented in using it together with their denim shirts, jeans, sweaters, and blazers.
The versatility of sleepwear truly opens the creative horizons of women. Sleepwear is not anymore for indoor or bedroom use only. It can be a beautiful outer wear which can be worn with or without accompaniments. Women will really feel sexy, cute, and comfortable besides fashion is also a matter of confidence for them.